1. Grab an Official Mac (Universal binary) from the nightly build
2. Enable the Address Book via the config editor (sorry you have to do this)
Open Preferences / Options and go to the tab Advanced -> General
Click: [Config Editor...]
Create the following: (from bug 397811)"ldap_2.servers.osx.description" -> "System Address Book" "ldap_2.servers.osx.dirType" -> 3 "ldap_2.servers.osx.uri" -> "moz-abosxdirectory:///"
3. Restart Thunderbird
4. Try out using your System Address Book integrated into Thunderbird
Some Know Issues
- System address book is not turned on by default (thus the directions above)
- Thunderbird doesn’t respect primary email address of OS X address book
These pref entries have to be created as they don’t already exist, see comments below.