The latest Thunderbird Trunk Builds are built to integrate into the Mac Address Book and we need some testing, so stop watching bug 203927 for builds.
1. Grab an Official Mac (Universal binary) from the nightly build
2. Enable the Address Book via the config editor (sorry you have to do this)
Open Preferences / Options and go to the tab Advanced -> General
Click: [Config Editor…]
Create the following: (from bug 397811)"ldap_2.servers.osx.description" -> "System Address Book" "ldap_2.servers.osx.dirType" -> 3 "ldap_2.servers.osx.uri" -> "moz-abosxdirectory:///"
3. Restart Thunderbird
4. Try out using your System Address Book integrated into Thunderbird
5. File some bugs or hop on the dev.apps.thunderbird news group to ask about issues
Some Know Issues
- System address book is not turned on by default (thus the directions above)
- Thunderbird doesn’t respect primary email address of OS X address book
These pref entries have to be created as they don’t already exist, see comments below.
bug 397811 has landed in the nightly Thunderbird releases, look for this menu.