I’ll be heading out to Hamburg April 18-23rd with David and others for the Calendar project face-to-face meeting. It will be great to meet Christian in person now that we’ve been talking on the phone discussing possible Calendar and Thunderbird changes. I’m excited to make a quick overnight trip up to Copenhagen as I’ve never travelled there before.
It’s great to see that Mark has started work with us. There’s lots to be done, especially on the address book, work that Joshua has developed in the Great Addressbook Rewrite. I’ve started compiling some research of other addressbook / contacts systems so we can have some ideas of what current implementaitons do.
As I got back home really late after Friday, well into Saturday morning, I didn’t end up doing much on Saturday. So in my recovery time I poked around with my bugzilla link grabber extension and added a little AJAX to it. And thus I feel buzzword compliant!
Note the lovely screenshot of the bugzilla info inlined at the bottom. It might be nicer to create those elements as hovers to the bug links so they don’t take up space in the email but appear on mouse over of a bug link.
I just picked out a few things from the bug like bug number, status, number of comments, the title and the last comment text. Other information might be a bit better, but it’s all available.
I did this by using the XMLHTTPRequest to the bugzilla bugs XML version (just add “&ctype=xml” to the url) and then running the result through XPath. There’s a bit of a problem with the XML version as it gives you all the attachments as well as all the comments so things can be a bit slow when there are a lot of large attachments in a bug.
Anyway, not bad for a quick couple hour hungover hack.
Designer Code!!! eeek!!!
Who knew email didn’t have to be static!